When talking about a full body detox, we tend to think about specific organs or parts of our body. But we rarely think about the thing common to all of these: the blood. The blood is the common link between everything in our body. It is the one transporting oxygen, bringing food and taking the residue each cell needs and produces. It is vital!
Lots of kilometers of blood vessels insure the blood flow’s circuit. Thus, the nature made sure that, when creating this maze, each and every cell in our bodies will get the nutrients it needs and it will be able to get rid of all its metabolism residues. But the blood can get thicker than usual if it is crammed with residues, toxic substances, excess fat and bad cholesterol.
Although most of the people think cholesterol and fats are bad, that is not true. They are extremely important in the natural and healthy development of the body. Cholesterol is part of cell’s membrane, so you can be sure it is needed. Fats are good for transporting different minerals, vitamins and nutrients, thus making them useful in one’s body. But everything is good in the right amount! There is only a certain amount of cholesterol and fats needed in one healthy organism. What is above that limit is pathological. And while a healthy body can eliminate some of the excess, most of the times it will be stored in various ways, some worse than others. This can range from regular unwanted belly fat, love handles and other unpleasant placements of it to atherosclerosis, which can lead to clogged arteries, strokes and heart attacks.
What does the doctor recommend?
The doctor recommends a healthy living style. A healthy way of eating, with good and healthy eating habits, such as choosing food with a small amount of fats and cholesterol, looking for the good fats (found in fish meat, fish oil, olive oil and so on), reducing the amount of sugar you eat. Learning to breathe properly leads to a well oxygenated blood and, thus, to a sufficient amount of oxygen getting to all the organs. Physical exercise is very good, if done at least 30 minutes per day, because it keeps your body toned, it trains your heart and muscles and it also releases endorphins, also known as the hormone that makes you “feel good”. Avoiding drug excess and taking care about the beta-blockers, birth control pills, diuretic pills. Avoiding alcohol consumption and drinking!
What does the herbalist recommend?
Besides the healthy living lifestyle mentioned above, some plants are very good for purifying the blood and for helping the body eliminate all the toxic substances it it.
- Aloe Vera juice: it is rich in amino-acids, enzymes, chlorophyll, good oils, vitamins and minerals. It is of great help for aiding the cleaning of the blood vessels. You should drink a quarter of a cup (50 ml), two times per day.
- Burdock infusion: 2 to 4 spoons of dried and chopped root added in one liter of boiled water. Let it brew covered for 15 minutes, filter it, let it cool and drink the whole quantity throughout the day.
- Birch leaves infusion: add 4-5 teaspoons of dried leaves in 200 ml of boiled water, let it brew for 15 minutes and then filter it. Then, when cooled down, add a sprinkle of sodium bicarbonate. Let it settle for 6 hours, the filter it again and drink one cup in 2-3 rounds, half an hour before having a meal. This diet is efficient in lowering the amount of cholesterol you have in your blood.
- Patience decoction: add 1-2 teaspoons of plant to one cup of water. Drink one cup, three times per day. It helps cleanse your skin, intestines and liver.
- Dandelion tea: add 3 teaspoons of dried and chopped leaves and roots in 200 ml of boiling water. Turn off the fire and let the tea brew for 15 minutes. Drink one cup in the morning and one in the evening. Follow this diet for 14 days.
- Apples: some fruits and vegetables, such as apples, onions and oranges contain a substance that blocks the pathological forming of clots. Eating such vegetables and fruits on a regular basis can lead to a lower risk of having conditions caused by abnormal forming of blood clots.
We have to keep in mind all the elements involved good functioning of our body. That is why blood, although not a solid organ, is one of the most important components of our bodies. Because it gets to every cell, it can affect every cell. That is why it is essential to take good care of our blood, of it’s components and watch out for the things that can cause harm to it!
More detox programs:
- Detox – The Colon, Body’s Garbage Dump
- Detox – The Kidney, The Filter of The Body
- Detox – The Liver, Laboratory of the Body
- Detox – The Lungs, The Vital Air-flow
- Detox – The Skin, The Barrier Against All Evils